Dr. Thorsen and Dr. Pohm purchased All Pets Animal Hospital (Previous name) from Dr. Steve Niehoff on May 15, 1992. Dr. Niehoff had started the practice and owned it for 5 years before he decided to join the Air Force. The practice was an exotic and small animal practice that had one employee, a receptionist. After Dr. Pohm and Dr. Thorsen bought it the practice quickly grew to have two full time doctors, two certified technicians and one receptionist. They saw everything from pot belly pigs, ostriches, 6 foot pythons, to kittens.
Dr. Pohm developed allergies to feathers, sunflower seeds, and rabbits so they eventually stopped seeing exotics and changed the name to All Dogs & Cats Veterinary Hospital. They emphasized providing the best of care for mostly dogs and cats. In 2005 the practice moved from the old address 1605 Grand Ave unit G to its’ current location. Drs. Pohm and Thorsen designed the practice with the help of architect Marcy Shultzie. Dr. Pohm wanted a practice that felt like a home since she believes that our clients and patients should be treated like family. Since 1998 we have won or been in Post Independent’s Locals Choice Awards for best Veterinarian or Groomer.